Thursday, March 29, 2018

Sap Taps and more

Sap Taps  5 x 7 pastel

I have done one painting of a sap tap and it sold in my show in Brandon, so I thought "why not do a painting with three taps?" Since it's the height of sugaring season, I really wanted to have this for the next show at the Jackson Gallery in Middlebury opening April 6.

I also wanted to put "Spring Produce" in the same show, but something was bothering me about it. I kept thinking about the movie "The Day After" and thought this little lamb was looking way too radioactive. I toned him down since he really isn't the star in my opinion. The new version is closer to the actual color. I like it much better.

Spring Produce (version 1)   12 x 12 pastel

 Spring Produce (version 2)   12 x 12 pastel

No comments:

Post a Comment