Thursday, September 18, 2014

PJ's Chuck Taylor Hi Tops

PJ's Chuck Taylor Hi Tops  6 x 6 pastel on gatorboard  SOLD

Day 18 — I am fairly certain when I was a kid, Chuck Taylor's did not come in pink, or any
color but black or white. If they did I am not sure how I would have decided which ones to
ask my Grandma for.

Looks like PJ's Grandma owns her first pair of Pink CTs, too.

This is the big Pastel Society of America weekend at the National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South, NYC. The Gallery Tour and Reception is tomorrow night at 6 pm, Materials Fair Saturday, and Awards and Banquet Sunday night. I am afraid I will be unable to paint and therefore post until Monday. 

Have a great weekend and maybe I will see you in NYC


2 comments:

  1. Man!! I have never been so disappointed to see the word 'sold'! I was so admiring this painting, the composition is genius! It's balanced so well. Unusual as is your forte, but this one may be your best yet! The shoe pointing one way and the lace pointing the other, and the disappearing shadow is awesome! Really. I was all set to come to your blog and see if it was priced. Ugh! Darn! (so was it sold already or did it sell when you posted it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sold to Grandma before I painted it. That's a first!

    ReplyDelete